6:26 PM

Thanksgiving....

Posted by L. |

This was my first year of not having a big event for Thanksgiving...I decided to just cook dinner and hang out at E's house. He is studying for the CPA license in California, and I was assigned a project in the valley, so neither of us had time or energy to host a party. After what seemed like countless trips to Whole Foods, and looking up a million recipes, I got to work...

A 9lb turkey, with my specialty cranberry, walnut, mushrooms stuffing, and butternut squash with caramelized onions...And the BEST pumpkin pie recipe ever!!
This year I have tons of things to be grateful for...my family, my friends, our health...but above all I am most grateful for the path I've had to cross to get here, and how much I have learned and grown, specially in the last few years of living in LA. And who I am is something I am grateful for every. single. day. I miss my family, and half my friends are not here with me, but it has been so fulfilling to have my own holidays, to begin my own traditions, TO FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH MYSELF, to not try to please everyone, and for once, to celebrate, just for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Lily, I am so glad you have a blog and you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.......and you are in the OC now? Cool, we will have to scrap!

עידן said...

Nice. I like what you wrote.
Happy belated Thanksgiving. :)