12:12 PM

25 random things...

Posted by L. |

1. I drink way too much. And so does everyone else I know. (well, menos lauri.)

2. Every morning I have a quad-soy latte, 2 Splendas, and a Prozac.

3. I could never live far from the beach, although I still don’t know how to swim

4. I frequently host homeless friends in my house.

5. My job involves cleaning oil, designing experiments, traveling a lot, and dealing with random Persians.

6. I believe that sometimes, people change and then forget to tell each other…

7. My dog Sophie is from Compton… I rescued her from a shelter after a car had hit her. She has THE most amazing eyes…

8. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have to get up and brush my teeth…

9. I hate pickles, or anything pickled…

10. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they go right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes, good things fall apart, so that better things can fall together.

11. I love, love snowboarding… I look forward to the snow season all year long.

12. I think exercise is such a dirty word, every time I say it, I wash my mouth with a Martini.

13. I mistrust establishments that don’t have Splenda

14. I don’t worry about identity theft since thieves probably have better spending habits than me.

15. I love learning languages… I’ve taken French, Hebrew and Farsi lessons, and this year: Arabic…

16. For the past 4 years, almost every Friday, I meet the girls for happy hour, at a little French place called Monsieur Marcel… there is nothing like sharing wine and stories with them.

17. I haven’t had a TV for over two years, and unless someone brings it up I don’t miss it at all… I’d rather spend my time reading.

18. I don’t use sunscreen because my lifestyle makes it far more likely my liver, lungs, or heart will deteriorate before my skin.

19. I make the best organic no sugar pumpkin pie.

20. I love taking pictures. The best thing about them is that they never change, even if the people in them do.

21. I can’t settle down because I am interested in too many things.

22. I have come to realize that there comes a time in life where you have to let go of all the pointless drama and all the people that create it. You have to surround yourself with people that make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and begin cherishing the good.

23. I’m outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk in patios.

24. I am more concerned with my character than my reputation, because my character is what I really am, my reputation is merely what everyone else thinks I am.

25. And maybe, you don’t go to hell for the things you do. Maybe you go to hell for the things you don’t do.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I totally agree with 11, 15, and 20.
I see you travel a lot, so where do you call home?

Unknown said...

you write very honestly..true to your thoughts..
i just read some of your posts and i was amazed.. and m still in awe!

Keep writing!