2:11 PM

The promised land...

Posted by L. |

So...Since a day by day recap is out of the question because: 1) There were days in where, although relaxing, there is not much to talk about, and 2) I have lost track of which day we did what.., I will divide the trip's posts by city...
Let's begin...My first experience of Israel was Tel Aviv.. That magical place, according to my israeli friends, filled with hot israeli men and endless partying, not to mention the beach, and the food.. OK, first thing, these people need to travel more.. I mean, at any given point, if I disregarded the signs in Hebrew I could have sworn I was in PR, in the suburbs that surround Old San Juan.. The weather wasn't as hot as I expected, and the infrastructure is very poor..












But I guess than when all the neighboring countries are trying to eliminate you, rebuilding the city just for aesthetics becomes second priority...

The beach, on the other hand, is amazing... What else would you expect of beaches in the Mediterranean? Although according to a certain Greek the waters here are murky compared to the ones on his end of this sea.. We were staying on Dizengoff, which according to the locals, is the place to be.. kinda central, full of cafes that never close, kinda hip, always busy...I was a 15 minute walk from the beach, and just around the corner there were more restaurants than I could remember.

Here are more pics..

Now, don't get me wrong, this is definitively a magical place, but for a different reason.. This place has a vibe like no other I've experienced. Maybe the constant death threats make the people here really enjoy things.. They live hard..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to disagree about your opinion that Tel Aviv is not "That magical place filled with hot israeli men and endless partying, not to mention the beach, and the food..."....In my opinion that is EXACTLY what Tel Aviv is!!! In fact couldn't have said it better myself!!!